Warwick University Campus
The Zeeman Building is located at the University of Warwick’s main campus and is part of the Mathematics and Statistics complex.
The building can be easily reached by public transport, or by car. Detailed information about transport, parking and public transport links is available on the University of Warwick Travel Pages.
Note that the University is not in the town of Warwick (which is about 8 miles away), and it is not the same as Coventry University (which is a different university, located in the centre of Coventry).
Getting to the University by Car
The postcode for the central campus is CV4 7AL.
- When you reach campus follow signs to Central campus. Car parks 8, 8a, 15 and 7 are all within a short walking distance of the building. Pay and display parking is available. Campus can get very busy and spaces do fill up early, so please ensure that you leave plenty of time to secure parking. Further information about parking on campus is available here.
Getting to the University by Rail
Coventry Rail Station
Coventry Rail Station, approximately four miles from the campus, is the nearest main-line train station to the University. You can easily reach Coventry Rail Station from London (Euston) and Birmingham, which run regular and frequent services direct to Coventry. From Coventry Station, there are frequent local bus services to the University.
Follow the signs from the station to Warwick Road (a 2 minute walk) and from there catch the National Express 12X or the Stagecoach X16, all of which travel onto main campus. More information on bus travel to the University can be found here.
Taxis are also available from outside of the station.
Birmingham New Street
During weekdays trains from Birmingham New Street depart for Coventry on average every 10 minutes. The journey takes between 20-30 minutes depending on which service is used.
London Midland offer a regular rail service that stops at local rail stations including Canley Rail Station which is a 25 minute walk, or a shorter bike ride or taxi journey than from the main Coventry Rail Station to campus.
Leamington Spa Rail Station
Leamington Spa Rail Station is roughly 9.5 miles from the University. The station offers rail services to Warwick, Solihull, Coventry, Oxford and Reading as well as a service to London Marylebone.
Stagecoach provides a dedicated frequent bus service from Leamington Spa to tour campus: the Unibus (U1). There is a second version of this route that passes through Kenilworth, named the U2. For information on this service, please visit the Stagecoach website. This service also covers Coventry City Centre and Coventry Rail Station on Sundays and Public Bank Holidays. View the Unibus timetable.
Warwick Rail Station
Warwick Rail Station is in Warwick Town – approximately 8.4 miles from the University campus. The University of Warwick is not in Warwick Town. If you are travelling by rail, we advise you to travel to Coventry Station (not Warwick Station) which is closer to the University and has better public transport links.
The University of Warwick is easily accessed from all major airports in the UK. There are two regional airports and the campus can also be reached by public transport from all the major London airports.
- Birmingham: To get to the University from Birmingham airport, either
- take the train to Coventry (£3.50 return, 10 minutes) and then local bus (approximately £1.80 single, 25 minutes; exact fare must be paid to the driver) or taxi (about £10, 15 minutes) to the University of Warwick
- take a taxi from the airport to the University of Warwick (possibly slightly quicker, but expensive – about £30 for the half-hour ride).
- East Midlands (near Nottingham) has some international flights, and has an (infrequent) National Express service to Coventry.
- London Heathrow has many more flights, and is about 2 hours away from Coventry either by bus (National Express) or by rail (via London). The bus option is simpler and cheaper.
- London Luton also has various international flights, and is under 2 hours from Coventry by bus (National Express).
- London Gatwick is the second largest airport in the UK, offering a variety of international flights, and is 3hrs 30mins from Coventry by bus (National Express).
Coventry can also be reached by train from all the London airports listed above. For more information see the National Rail website.